Become an SSS Scholar
SSS serves low-income and first-generation college students (students who do not have a parent who has graduated from a four-year university or college) and whose income falls within U.S. Department of Education guidelines. SSS is funded by the U.S. Department of Education and is overseen by the Division of Equity and Inclusion.
- Assessment of academic need
- Scholarship opportunities
- Course planning assistance each semester
- Academic advising and personal counseling
- Individual and group mentoring
- Introduction to undergraduate research programs, internships, and study abroad programs
- Graduate and professional school and career preparation
- Financial literacy
- Leadership and community service opportunities
- Attendance at cultural events and performances
- 99% of SSS Scholars have a GPA of 2.0 and above
- 99% of the scholars matriculate through Berkeley
- 92% graduate from Cal.