Fall 2016 UC Berkeley
Basic Needs Security Internship
Thank You for Your Interest, Internship Registration is Now Closed!
Thank you for your interest in joining our efforts
to make UC Berkeley basic needs secure!
We have exciting projects this year that require passionate and committed interns and volunteers to maximize their success. For those interested in the unit earning internship, the unit count determines time requirement:
- (1) Unit = 45 Hours
- (2) Units = 90 Hours
Please review our project area & coordinator descriptions to inform your team selection:
Food Pantry Operations, Carolyn Hsieh Coordinator:
- Maximize Food Pantry Hours, Intern & Volunteer Coordination, Launch Pop-Up Food Pantry, Fresh Produce Partnerships, Campus Food Recovery Strategy.
Global Food Initiative, Emily Altman Fellow/Coordinator:
- UC Berkeley Basic Needs Security Report, UC Berkeley Basic Needs Security Data Strategy (Mapping > Collection > Sharing > Analysis > Evaluation > Reporting), and UC Berkeley Student Basic Needs Security Coalition.
Finances/Accounting, Esteban Vasquez Coordinator:
- Coordination of Financial Processes, Creation of Tracking Mechanisms, Development of Reporting Processes, Presentations to Campus Committee.
Funds & Resource Development, Hafsa Khalid Coordinator:
- Community Partnerships to Provide Meal Vouchers to Students in Need, Identification & Engagement With Community-Selected Responsible Corporate Partners, and Creation of Food Security Community Champions Program.
Community Engagement & Marketing, Hajar Larbah Coordinator:
- Creation of Marketing Materials (Web-based/Electronic and Print), Creation & Maintenance of Basic Needs Security Website, and Outreach Team to Increase Campus Awareness & Engagement with Basic Needs Security Efforts (Lecture, Halls, Classrooms, Meetings, Events).
Please complete the Google Form below to register as a unit earning intern or as a volunteer. You will receive the course name and course control number upon completion.
Thank you and see you soon fam!