STUDENT INTAKE STAFF
Educational Opportunity Program
*This page lists the EOP Intake Staff application. For the Intake Internship, please refer to the previous tab above. Previous internship experience with EOP for at least 1 semester is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED before applying to this position.
Student Intake Staff
The intake office is the hub of the Educational Opportunity Program which supports first-generation, low income, underrepresented, or undocumented students at the UC Berkeley campus. The student intake staff are the first point of contact when students come into the office. It is through this position that students, faculty, and staff form their impression of EOP and the work that we do. Therefore, they must represent the department in a professional manner while maintaining an ever-important personal approach. Student Intakes are well-informed, professional, welcoming, and efficient in order to enhance student’s academic performance and assist in their journey at Berkeley.
Student Intake Duties:
• Maintain weekly scheduled hours for intake staff and interns per semester
• Schedule appointments and maintain calendars for Academic Counselors
• Ensure student electronic sign-in database procedures are being followed
• Answer phones, take messages, and/or transfer calls
• Assist for set-up, breakdown, and execution of unit events
• Report to Office Manager for additional clerical duties
• Perform data entry and special projects
• Assist students to quick question front line advising through PACs or counselors on a drop-in basis
In addition to the above-mentioned duties, the mid-level student staff must perform the following duties:
- Open and Close Office
- Assist with the maintenance of unit’s student database in accordance with FERPA guidelines
- Train and Supervise entry level and office interns
- Assist in the creation and progress of EOP projects assigned by counselors
- Triage of drop-in academic counseling and notify academic counselors of potential student crises
- Assist in the planning and teaching of weekly Student Intake staff (paid and interns) meetings
This is a paid position and work study is required. If you are unsure about your work-study status please contact us before applying: firstname.lastname@example.org . This position requires a 10-15 hour commitment per week between the hours of Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.
If selected, applicants should be available for a 30 minute interview on August 6th, from 12pm-5:00pm. For any questions regarding the application process, feel free to refer them to email@example.com.
DEADLINE is August 3rd, 2018 BY 5:00PM
UC Berkeley, Centers for Educational Equity & Excellence
9am–4:30pm | Monday–Friday | 119 Cesar E. Chavez Student Center
For general questions: 510-642-7224 or firstname.lastname@example.org