EOP IPAC APPLICATION
Educational Opportunity Program
Peer Academic Counselor Intern:
The internship is designed to provide students an opportunity to observe and participate in the actual process involved in Peer Academic Counseling services within the Educational Opportunity Program. Peer Academic Counselor interns (iPACs) assist with various projects, participate in weekly staff and training meetings, and shadow Peer Academic Counselors (PACs) as they advise students regarding academic, personal, and career or vocational questions during office hours.
By participating, iPACs have access to professional Academic Counselors, develop transferrable skills in leadership and program planning, and may develop a clear understanding of the need for quality and professional counseling services for low-income, first generation, or undocumented college students.
*iPACs that meet performance standards will be eligible for a paid (work-study/directors work-study) position as a PAC for Summer 2016. We anticipate a number of openings for the Fall semester, this opportunity will be available to PACs who meet performance standards in the Summer. All currently enrolled students at UC Berkeley are eligible to apply. Students in the STEM field are highly encouraged to apply.
Information sessions: February 17th 8-9pm & February 25th 7-8pm at 105 Chavez
Interviews dates: March 1 - March 11th
Internship dates: March 14th-April 29th
• 2.5 GPA preferred
• Available Mon. 9am-11am, Tues. 9am-11am, or Friday 3pm-5pm for training/meetings. Time subject to change,
encouraged to apply even if these time conflict.
• Available to work Summer Bridge: Training May 31-June 17 & June 22-Aug 5
• At least one year of undergraduate career remaining
Counseling/Drop In Advising (1-2 hrs/week):
• Minimum 4-6 hours/week
• Shadow PACs as they advise students during weekly office hours
• Meet monthly with professional Academic Counselors
• Assist with small groups activities, workshops, seminars, and panels
• Inform students of various University and College policies, procedures, and requirements
Staff Meeting / Ongoing-Training (3.5 hrs/week):
• Participate in Peer Academic Counseling weekly staff meetings Wed. 3pm-4pm
• Participate in weekly mandatory trainings
• Participate in additional meetings with iPAC Coordinators
• One page self-evaluation due at the end of the semester
• Meet with PAC Staff for a Final Evaluation/Exit Appointment
• Attendance, dedication, professionalism and timeliness
• Attend iPAC 1/2 day retreats early March and May