VISION AND MISSION
The Centers for Educational Equity and Excellence empower non-traditional, underserved, and underrepresented students who reflect the diversity of California with the specialized support, expertise, and advocacy required to achieve educational equity and excellence. The Centers exemplify the commitment of the University of California, Berkeley to scholarship, public service, and the posterity of our state.
The Centers for Educational Equity and Excellence develop model programs and services that establish equitable educational experiences for underserved students.
We fulfill our mission by adhering to our PATHWAY approach:
- Provide professional expertise, advocacy and access to resources that ensure student success
- Apply a holistic understanding, awareness, and sensitivity to the multiple facets of student identity including: race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, gender, sexual orientation, immigration status, and other personal identities
- Transform and empower students through teaching and training, and academic counseling that acknowledges their unique university experiences
- Highlight the accomplishments, contributions and the diverse ways in which the student communities strengthen and enrich the University
- Welcome students to an environment that provides a sense of community and a feeling of belonging while providing student centered, top quality customer service
- Advocate for institutional change and forge partnerships across campus and the surrounding campus community to directly impact the student experience
- Yield higher retention, graduation, and post undergraduate study and employment rates of the students we serve